re: struggles mostly no one knew I was having & how i’m not having them anymore
- okay so my phone bill post-France was in the quadruple-digits
- and the people at Verizon are assholes for not letting me work out a payment plan to slowly work that off
- so a month ago they cut off my service
- remember how from about three months before graduation to 5 weeks after I got back from France I was always like “welp I applied to 30 different jobs in LA and NYC today i should eventually hear back from some of them”?
- without a phone i literally got to hear back from 0 of them bc if they called me I have no way of knowing and all that effort applying everywhere went to waste and it broke my heart on a daily basis for the past 30 days and i mostly just hid from everyone because it seems to be the thing I do when I’m miserable?
- this also barred me from applying to jobs in miami so I had to spend 30 days doing nothing which is my actual worst nightmare
- but today all that gets to break my heart a little less because I finally got my own number…it’s a different one from what I had before but at least I’m not shut off from the world and I can finally start applying to things in Miami in order to save up & move away
- One challenge down, a couple of months and surely a dozen more left to go but it’s not like I GAF because clearly I can handle a lot of things~
1:52 pm • 24 August 2012 • 11 notes